Grant Writer Grant Winner

The effort to find funding for worthy causes and the joys of working in the non-profit sector are the general topics I write about. I want to convey to the professional and non-professional alike my insights and my research into the issues affecting the way charitable giving is conducted in the USA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Worthwhile Quotes #1

I'm a collector of quotes. I go back to them occasionally for inspiration and insight. I often find that in some past frame of mind, I have chosen a few words that summarize a truth, which is something that is often hard to find.

Let me share a few:

"But still, you must agree, one can't sit with one's hands in one's lap, one must do something."
(Chekhov, A Woman's Kingdom)

"The Master said, He does not preach what he practises till he has practised what he preaches."
(Confucius, Analects 2:13)

"To see what is right and not do it is cowardice." (Confucius, Analects 2:24)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home